We have been through challenging, tough times, things are improving but some challenges remain. Hamilton needs a positive leader, who works collaboratively, empowers and unites others, to achieve more and, is a powerfully positive voice for our city.
As your Mayor I will continue to:
- Focus on city safety alongside Police, safety organisations, social services, and local communities to progressively make Hamilton the safest city in NZ.
- Transform how we do business to make our service consistent, faster, easier and cost effective.
- Balance affordability & progress, keeping a spotlight on our spending while growing the city.
- Revitalise existing communities & community spaces for a city where all people can thrive,
- Enhance our natural green spaces & implement our Climate Action Plan for a healthy city.
- Develop a safe, effective transport system for cars, bikes, buses and pedestrians.
- Develop a city and a city centre that faces and celebrates our connection to the river.
- Maximise opportunities to support and attract businesses for a strong economy.
- Attract external Government and private investment in our city for a strong future.
- Communicate honestly & openly with you about Councils business and provide opportunities for you to shape Council decisions
- Be out and about in the community, alongside you, NOT just in election year.
- Be a powerful and positive ambassador for Hamilton’s interests in all matters.
- Ensure that Council puts people at the heart of all we do.